Friday, May 22, 2009

The Adventures of MODAN- World Cup Finals & Winter Park Open

World Cup at Park City!
Blue bird skies and a freshly cut pipe invited some of the greatest pipe skiers to go at it again. The girls and I made a drive up to make some turns and watch the competition. As the girls made their first runs we cheered on the crew but it was a hard pipe being that one side of the pipe was in the sun and one was a sheet of ice made for a lot of injuries. Dania didn't get to make a run in finals due to the fact that she hit the deck on her pre-qualifiers breaking her scapula. It was a rough day for a lot of friends after Dania crashed Jen, then Roz, then Matt, then Mitch went done coming out with pretty minor injuries. It was great to see some people just kill it though Angeli walked away with first place and Meg Gunning rolling in at second. Even seeing our friends go down it was a good day sun was out and it was rad seeing Ang kill it!
Congrats Angeli!


Winter Park Open
Dania headed up to Winter Park to hit up the Winter Park Open here is a little excerpt that Dania gave me from her time up there.
"I ended up going to Breck for a day, and skiing with Carrie Roseman, killin it in the park lane, and she was stompin swtich 3s and 5s all day, as I was jumpin and tryin to improve my rail skills :) leaving to Winter Park the next day, it was SICK to be staying with Steve and Gary and Trevor... we brought the heat to the park and had so much fun skiing a new park! blue bird days for both days of the event, we were all throwing down and lookin good doin it ;) boys killed it, and I landed my 3 to 7 to 5 to box to 9 !!! then on my second run i fell, but found 20 bucks in the landing so I was stoked !
Finals day we hit the big jump and it was so rad, best 5 tricks big air format. the boys were so fun to watch, and Kristy Johns and I were throwing 9's to take it... I ended up doing my first victory lap! It was quite fun :) ! It was way to much fun! Mike Rogge and Dave made the announcing at comps something that the crowd really wanted to listen too!"

Sounded like a fun in the sun comp for sure congrats to all our friends! Congrats to Dania taking first and $750!

No comments: